I know I have almost missed getting this posted. It dawned on me late last night as I was getting pretty darn sleepy that I felt that urge to write something reflective about this past year and then some resolutions or goals for the new year.
I must say for the most part 2013 has been probably one of the best years so far other than one item that will hang on until possibly April, but hopefully will be resolved before then. Who knows, though.
First of all, my best success this past year was publishing my novel, Be Strong. As you may already know, I started writing this novel back in 2005 as soon as I had published Living, Sleeping, and Eating Band. It did okay as far I am concerned, but I know from articles I have read online that as I publish more books I will be more successful. I sure hope that is true. I do know I love the cover for the second book of The Divorce Trilogy, Pinky Swear, so hopefully readers will take notice.
I am proud of my daughter today, this last day of the year. She made a big purchase, and I allowed my parental instinct to say, “No, stay back.” She bought her first car, as she calls it. It is actually a SUV, a Chevy Blazer. The way I see things is if you always tell a child no, then the child never learns how to deal with things in life. You can’t always be around to protect them like you would like to do.
Not quite a month ago, I changed jobs after working at the local high school for eight school years. As bad as I hate to admit it, that is the longest I have ever been at a job. I thoroughly enjoyed my job as a special education aide, but it was time to move on.
I now work at a mental health center, and so far the job has been good. I have lots to learn and lots to do between trainings and just learning my particular job. I know it will be worth it though.
My biggest change with the new job is going to year round. No more vacations with the kids unless I take time off. No more summers sitting by the pool every day. However, I realize it won’t be much longer until the kids won’t be living with me — going off to college or getting a job. I have a job that will keep me busy and create some stability.
As far as my goals, as I prefer to call them, go for 2014. I will just list them because most don’t need an explanation. If you need me to explain, just comment below. In 2014, I hope to accomplish the following:
1. Publish Pinky Swear by the end of January.
2. Edit and publish Confessions of a Rick Springfield Fan by the first of May when Rick publishes his first fiction novel.
3. Finish writing and then edit and publish the third book of The Divorce Trilogy.
4. Help my daughter prepare for her senior year and beyond. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the fall of 2014, she begins her senior year. She has grown up way too fast.
5. Going along with #4, help my son prepare for high school. I know it’s going to be a big change for him, but I’m sure he will adjust.
6. Continue to grow and learn in my new job.
7. Eat healthier and exercise. I always seem to say this, but I would really like to get in better shape.
8. Go to more concerts, especially my man Rick and hopefully Bon Jovi. My concert buddy/daughter will be around more, but if she can’t, who’s with me?
Well, that’s all that comes to mind at the moment. I hope you will share your goals for the new year, and I wish all of you a Happy New Year!